ReDesign LBD Design Process
Process Makes Perfect
By utilizing a digitized process distilled from years of experience we are able to consistently deliver quality client care with communication at the core. Whether local or long distance the ReDesign Client Care Process and effective communication strategy ensure that goals, visions, and results are precisely and efficiently communicated.
Technology such as Skype video chat (a free service) offers face-to-face video conferencing and the ability to review presentations together online while conferencing for long distance working relationships or any time in-person meetings aren’t feasible.
Following is a summary of our Design Method, along with a detailed breakdown of our Client Care Process:
Function Before Form
While we’re still out on the chicken and egg debate, we are strong advocates for the development of function before form. Granted, design themes or even specific aesthetic elements often surface during the initial Ideation Meeting for a given project but we do focus on molding the functionality of a space to the needs of our client before developing its form.
Once again, function trumps form as we prefer to have interior functionality inform exterior appearance. Often the modernization of a client’s interior space results in the treatment of the exterior to better align it with the streamlined interior. Our architectural design approach is similarly informed.
‘Shades of Green’
Through manic research and the implementation of our ‘Shades of Green’ philosophy we strive to craft sustainable spaces that are uniquely aligned with our client’s ideals. As awareness of the impact of building designs and materials on our indoor and outdoor environments broadens our eco-conscience also expands. No green guilt trips – merely guidance in a healthy direction.
The ReDesign Client Care Process
- Program Development
- Initial meeting(s) to review the project brief (scope of work, budget, preferred aesthetics, etc.)
- Site Survey
- Documentation (photography and measurement) of the existing site (typically completed by others for long distance projects)
- Schematic Design
- Floor plan development around specific functional requirements
- Design Development
- exploration of various design concepts to arrive at a design that best meets all criteria
- Finish Specification
- Selection and documentation of all finishes (flooring, paint colours, counter tops, etc.)
- Furniture, Fixture and Equipment Specification and Procurement
- Selection and documentation of all required furniture, fixtures (lighting, plumbing fixtures, etc.) and equipment
- Contract Documentation
- Completion of all final design and construction CAD drawings required
- Construction Tender
- Submission of final design documentation to several general contractors for quoting purposes
- Construction Contract Administration
- Working alongside the general contractor to ensure design intent through the construction process. Regular site visits and meetings are included for local projects. For long distance projects we make ourselves available to field contractor and trade inquiries throughout the construction process.